- Rinse kale in large pot of water
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels
- Cut stems off at base of leaves
- Place kale in large bowl and drizzle/toss with olive oil
- Sprinkle/toss with kosher salt (see note below)
- Optionally add your favorite flavor of Mrs Dash
- Optionally add garlic (crushed or powder)
- Place kale leaves on dehydrator and dehydrate for about 1 hour
- Flip kale over (so it doesn’t stick to rack) and dehydrate for another hour
- Check kale to make sure it’s not sticking and dehydate for anoter hour or until very light and crispy
- Remove to re-sealable plastic bag
Note: If sodium is an issue replace with your favorite variety of Mrs Dash. The Mrs Dash Grilling Spice works well and if sodium is not an issue it can used in conjunction with salt.
The finished kale is very light and delicate. You will likely want to eat around the remaining center stem of the larger leaves.