If you like beets and are looking for something different give this a try –
- 1 large Fennel bulb (sliced)
- 2 Beets (cooked, peeled, sliced)
- 2 Oranges (peeled, segmented)
- 1/2 Bermuda Onion (thin sliced)
- 1 Tbl chopped shallots (optional)
- 2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbl Olive Oil
Segment orange over bowl to capture excess orange juice. Add to vinegarette ingredients and mix.
Seperately toss beets, then fennel in vinegarette. Arrange on platter with fennel on outside, then a ring of beets, then orange segments in center. Pour any remaining dressing over fennel and beets.
Side note: I usually roast the beets in aluminum foil in the oven or on the grill, but they could be boiled as well.