The base recipe for this came from the cookbook that came with my Brinkman charcoal smoker. Over the years I tweaked it to my own tastes and it is still my favorite.
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine or beef stock or broth
- 1/4 cup katsup
- 2 Tbl prepared mustard (your favorite)
- 1 Tbl fresh minced ginger
- 2 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 to 2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
This recipe makes enough to marinate about 2 pounds of meat, which will fit in a gallon sized re-sealable food bag and fill a small round dehydrator.